Report Genie is a FREE user-friendly reporting tool that I have created to help businesses generate Excel reports based on SQL queries. It is developed based on Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 using VB.net and Excel libraries.
Main Features include:
1. Using ODBC or OLE DB to connect any data source. Specify your connection string, you can connect to database, such as MS Access, Oracle, SQL Server, even Excel or text files.
2. Each report can contain multiple queries. Tired of having one query per excel report? Report Genie allows you to configure multiple queries for one report, each query could have its own database connections. The resulting excel reports will have one worksheet per query.
3. Support multiple output formats. Report Genie supports multiple result formats, such as Excel, Text and HTML. Version 1.2 also support XML spreadsheet format that can be opened by Excel.
4. Report could be run using command arguments. This provides users the capability to schedule a report to run at specific time and frequency using Windows Scheduled Tasks.
5. Reports can be emailed out to recipients specified automatically. Whether using SMTP or Exchange, you can configure the genie to have the reports emailed out automatically. For text or HTML reports, you have the option to email the report as an attachment or as part of the message body.
Report Genie is free for personal use. $24.95 to use it in a business environment.